I have been meaning to write a review on Bioderma Sensibio H2O cleansing water since a long time. But I thought of waiting and trying it out for a long time before I jump to conclusions. It has been 4 months since I started using Bioderma Sensibio H2O micellar Cleansing water instead of my regular face wash i.e. L’Oreal White Perfect Facial Foam. In case you’ve not heard of it, Bioderma is a popular French Pharmacy brand, the Micellar Cleansing water has a cult following! So let’s get down to the review.
Name of the Product – Bioderma Sensibio H2O
Product Claims –
A mild yet highly effective cleanser Sensibio H2O comes from the makers of the best skincare products. Bioderma, through a miraculous formula has successfully created Sensibio H2O micelle solution. It effectively removes water based make up without being harsh on skin. The soap free cleanser is suitable for all skin types as it maintains skin’s natural ph level. Give your skin the beauty sleep it requires!
- Fragrance free formula.
- Alcohol free formula.
- High on ph formula maintains skin natural moisture level.
- Formulated for sensitive skin hence prevents irritation.
- Sensibio – H2O – guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (tested under ophthalmological supervision).
My Thoughts –
As you all know that I have been the biggest fan and a loyal customer of L’Oreal White Perfect Facial Foam since years now. But one day it occurred to me that mostly all the products have parabens in them and so I realized its time to switch the skin care game to a safer one. I recently did a Nykaa Haul with all the products free from parabens and one such thing in my haul was Bioderma Sensibio H2O micellar Cleansing water.
So here is my experience –> Loved it 🙂
All of us are so use to using the traditional foaming face washes that we never even give these products a chance. We are use to that clean squeaky oil free facial feeling, Am I right ? Yeah it took me some time to get use to this bad boy but I am so happy with the results.
The packaging is not very fancy. It is a no fuss packaging. It comes in plastic bottle with a clip cap which closes tightly without leaking the product. The nozzle is small which ensures no excess product is dispensed.
Let’s take a look at what is it good at :
- Removes all makeup very gently without leaving traces of any makeup product.
- Removes eye makeup without irritating the eyes.
- No harsh effects on skin as it is free from alchohol and parabens.
- Removes dirt and cleanses the face leaving the squeaky feeling
- No need to wash the face with water as it claims, so good for travelling for those during journey face cleanses.
- No need to moisture your face as it does not dry out the skin even a little bit which is a boon for people with dry skin.
- Give your skin a natural healthy glow after repeated uses.
- Waterproof mascaras need a little bit of work with this product.
- It is great for people with dry and sensitive skin but for people with oily skin I suggest to use a deep cleansing formula as this is a mild one and I doubt it wont remove that stubborn sebum. They have another cleansing water for oily skin to try.
How to use ?
Take a cotton towel or a reusable muslin cloth or a cotton pad and dispense 2 to 3 splashes from the bottle. Wipe the face as you would do normally in case you are not wearing makeup. If you are wearing makeup then press the cloth on each eye for about 3 to 5 seconds before wiping so that the water breaks down the eye makeup. Repeat the same process for lipsticks. Take more product if needed.
This has become my holy grail product for removing makeup and cleansing my face in general. I use it twice a day in the morning and evening or as required.
I have already used up two bottles and currently using the 3rd one so needless to say I am going to repurchase Bioderma Sensibio H2O micellar Cleansing water again.
Priced at Rs 599 for 100ml, Rs 860 for 250 ml.
Where to Buy
Amazon –> Bioderma – Sensibio H2O, 250ml
Flipkart –> Bioderma Sensibio H2O Face Wash
Have you tried the Bioderma Sensibio H2O micellar Cleansing water ? What is your experience ? Do share your comments below.